Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up GHL Mitras starting to appear in stores

We are pleased to announce the first wave of Mitras are now filtering through and landing on dealers door mats.

We are also pleased to announce Wais aquarium in the next few weeks will have their first stock order in so please drop by and see daniel and have a play with these amzazing units as featured on reefbuilders here

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/10/12/ghl-mitras-lx-6100/

One of the best reviews any LED has ever had! And this is only part 1! Jake Adams promises a lot more to say in part 2 coming soon.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

do you know when danny will recieve his at wais?? ill have to be there for sure hehehe;PP
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 PM

The next wave is due to ship from Germany next week which his will be on, so give it about 14 days.

These are selling faster than GHL can build them, the next order we just placed after this one wont ship from GHL until mid November and there is now only 11 remaining on stock from the second large wave.

The reefbuilders review went down a storm!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I got a chance to take a look at the Mitras at MACNA, but I didn't ask...what is the MSRP on it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see RB posted it. $1200

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 10-17-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 AM

$1,199 with a max spread reported by reviewers of 36 x 30+ x 30 GHL have been a little more conservative but the PAR from the tanks tested seem to look very favourable.

You should have said hello, or did you?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:57 AM

The PAR is taken with the units being width wise so of course the distance will be greater in lengthways position
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
$1,199 with a max spread reported by reviewers of 36 x 30+ x 30 GHL have been a little more conservative but the PAR from the tanks tested seem to look very favourable.

You should have said hello, or did you?
My tank is 48x20x24" (SPS only), so I would need 2 fixtures regardless I would think. I'm trying to decide if a high-PAR fixture like this one or the Radions is the way to go. I fear having to set the fixture to 60% when a lower output fixture like the Vega might work just as well on say 90 or 100% and cost me just a fraction. Since 600 PAR can cause photo-inhibition in even some of the most light-hungry Acros you need some hungry, hungry corals to lap up that super high PAR! What do you think of this?

I kind of said hi to you. I made fun of you being a Brit, but you didn't get it. Hehe.

SPS fanatic.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:30 AM

The Vega and GHL unit are not in the same league, you cant put a sub $500 lamp in the same bracket as a $1,199 unit. just in the amount of LED's for starters, there are only 5 leds per puck and using lenses

Comes down to what you expect, if you want the best then based on the reviews out there you will not be replacing the Mitras anytime soon, so do you buy once now or spend less and replace later?

The GHL will give you all the flexibility you will ever need in spectrum and controllability brightness.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:34 AM

No, they are definitely not in the same league. It's more like deciding between 1000W halides and 400W halides. I'm just trying to figure out if the high-PAR fixtures are best suited to bigger tanks. I just have a wee little reef. Not being limited is always a nice thing, but I'm just not sure yet.

SPS fanatic.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 AM

you are paying for the ability to be able to adjust the light including PAR to your own requirments