Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > World Feeds

Old 07-24-2012, 01:39 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Fantastic story

Although the story is about catfish, it proves why New Era is the worlds leading food!!

Well I have been doing a trial with New Era Catfish Pellets and a group for Corydoras albolineatus.
Years ago I spawned C. trilineatus feeding exclusively King British cafish pellets and I spawned them, I had a small group which were producing 500+ fry every spawn. I have spawned Corydoras by feeding bloodworm and all the other regular foods.
New Era released their new range of foods and I thought lets give it ago, nothing like making the challange harder for myself... as according to Planetcatfish.com these fish have not been spawned in captivity.

I knew the group of C. albolineatus were a breeding group, as the previous owner had got one spawn from them and sold them (a person on FB has the fry) I had also managed to spawn them a few months after getting them myself, but through my stupidity I lost the fry. Anyway, I set out to log everything I did to their tank, from setting up to when I did water changes, what temp etc etc etc, I did this for a couple of weeks and then due to other commitments I stopped logging what I was doing, and tbh I neglected them a little, doing very few water changes but keeping the feeding regime up with New Era Catfish pellets.

Anyway... I finaly got round to doing a water change today, nothing unusual in their tank... or so I thought. I have just been out to turn the lights out in the fish house and the group of three corys was a group of 4, with the new addition of baby cory now around 1/2 an inch in length. So I then hurried to dismantle the tank and look for more, and to my delight there was a second! what they had been eating and how they survived I dont know, and to be fair I hadnt even seen that they had spawn, although I often looked for eggs.

After all the bad luck, with losing a couple of fish and three tanks splitting on me, this has made my week, I to have now joined the ranks of breeding a fish which is unreported to be bred (although I knew it had been done) a few people have tried and tend to lose the fry after 2 weeks or so.

But now I have a dilema, I will now have two F1 fry with three Wilds, and Ive never seen this species for sale anywhere, I would like some more adults but not a clue who to get them from. Anyway! some great news after me complaining yesterday that I have only been breeding common fish lately, this is a really long post now so I'll shut up eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! excited .com!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM

marblesab is on a distinguished road

How exciting!!!! Congrats on your new additions!