Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 PM

PEA is on a distinguished road
Default ProfiLux Plus II problem with level senors...

Recently got a ProfiLux Plus II with firmware 4.08 and running ProfiLuxControl II, Version 4.0.8.1 on the PC and I can't get the level senors to work. I have a float sensor and an optical sensor for my sump to detect low water level and have the pump for my ATO run and fill it to the right level. But I can't get either sensor to change states when plugged in. In the level diagnostics all I get is an "X" won't change to a different state no mater what I do to the sensor. Same problem if I plug them in or with a splitter and use both. What could be the problem? Is both my sensors broken? Or is there something wrong with my level port on my ProfiLux Plus II?

Thanks!

Last edited by PEA; 11-18-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi

X = Sensor in wrong port 99% of the time please check you have the sensor not plugged into the temp port, this is a common mistake.

If still stuck email me at sales@aqua-digital.com for further support
Old 11-18-2009, 10:15 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Instead of solving the problem privatly through e-mail, would you concider doing it in this pist or posting a summery of what was checked and what the problem was? with more people buying these and my self being on in the near future it would be nice to be able to look up threads of similuar problems to try solve problems ourselves.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:22 PM

Isn't the "top" port the level sensor port? That's what I have it plugged into, the top port.
My temp sensor is working perfectly.

I'll try it in reverse and plug my level sensor into the "bottom" port and see if I can change the states, if not I'll give you a support email.

I'll post the solution once I find it.

Thanks!

Last edited by PEA; 11-18-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM

yep it is, then it is just set up.

@ steve - the reason we ask to direct supprt to email is due to the fact often we have to ask the user to send us data files and screen shots etc etc, this is not easy to do via forums.

However once we have the support case closed we always come back to the thread and update everyone what the problem was. Just like we do on RC all the time.

PEA - please can you let me know what firmware level and software version you are running and if the sensors are new purchases or pre owned, this includes the whole controller.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 PM

Ok sorry did not refer back to your original post so you are running the latest versions, did everything work prior to this?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:28 PM

another tip - I assume you mean by X in the software being the on signal for the sensor. In this case are you taking into account the 10 second delay that the sensor requires to activate? You can adjust this down to zero for testing.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM

Just an update...

Was able to send my computer to Aqua-Digital along with my level senors. Discovered that there was some problems with my level senors and got replacements. Also got the P3 upgrade and everything is great!!! Thanks again for the great service!