![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thank you all for the advice. The diagrams were particularly helpful. I think however that since I only have two holes drtilled and not a lot of space in my block out I will probably stick with the durso for this tank. Thanks for all the help.
__________________
____________________________ 65g reef tank |
|
#2
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
You can still do a herbie with two holes if you wish. Take a closer look at the diagram provided by mark, only two holes needed since the return is over the top (no third hole required).
__________________
Mike 77g sumpless SW DIY 10 watt multi-chip LED build |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think he wants to use the other hole for a return.
|
|
#4
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
...which he could do if he forwent the backup drain. In theory, that backup never sees a drop but if a snail or anything else ever even partially blocked the primary....well....things could get messy in a hurry.
I wouldn't take the chance, personally.
__________________
-Mark 29 Gal Bowfront w/24" LED Lights. DIY HOB Sump (5.4 Gal) MP40. Orange Spotted Watchman Goby, 2 Clownfish and a few hermits. |
|
#5
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
A Durso has the same potential for plugging up as a herbie with no backup drain, so I don't see where there's a difference. Do an over the top return and you can have your emergency drain for either overflow type.
__________________
Mike 77g sumpless SW DIY 10 watt multi-chip LED build Last edited by mike31154; 06-03-2010 at 03:09 AM. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|