Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 09-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Exclamation ProfiLux 3 Press release IMPORTANT READING

Well finally after months of waiting we can now officially announce the profiLux 3 to the North American market.

But first i would like to thank everyone, your patience and input into this ground breaking controller has been much appreciated both in Germany and of course here in Canada

As this is quite the announcement I can not keep this post short so please read at your leisure.

Before I go into lengthy info i thought I would provide you with some pictures you all have been waiting for.

Please see below :rollface:

I advise not to put too much thought or question into the front screen as more will follow about this further down this announcement.

Aqua Digital Presents to you the future of Aquatic Control!!

Unchaining Aquatic Controllers from Just the Fish Tank

GHL ProfiLux the award winning aquatic controllers from Germany have long been associated with strong proven reliability and also putting the client’s thoughts first, just as the Profilux plus II can be forward engineered into a Profilux 3 thus not making the client buy a complete new controller as technology moves forward.
GHL now bring you the future today!

The ProfiLux 3 has been designed for the discerning reef keeper that demands 100% proven reliability at all times with the most advanced functions on the market today; this includes the ability to communicate and control many third party units allowing the user to save money on other independent controllers. This includes in the very near future full household automation.

ProfiLux 3 unlocking its powers beyond just the Reef Tank!

The ProfiLux 3-system due to the ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (PAB) can be extended unlimitedly, up to 255 devices can be connected to PAB. The PAB has built in error detection ensuring fail safe and advanced reliable operation. The PAB is a unique bus system only to the ProfiLux.

GHL ProfiLux 3 the future in reef tank AND home automation!

Now GHL has gone many steps further forward incorporating into their system unique to ProfiLux, the ability to be controlled and operated by house automation systems in your home through RS232 connection. With such an advanced system for you reef tank GHL believe this advanced technology should not be restricted to just a tank, an aquatic controller is a large investment so why restrict its abilities!

THE SCREEN

This is an area GHL have put much thought into and as such have kept the price down by basing their system still firmly on PC driven menu's and direction. However GHL will be launching the ProfiView3 in the near future that will answer all your prayers in regards to remote screens and remote functionality. The View3 will be unique and again just like the P3 itself groundbreaking. We expect a launch to come during the winter of 2010.

But as the photos show there has been a clear emphysis put onto onboard graphing and further functionalities.

Webserver

This is where the profiLux 3 stars start to shine. The Onboard webserver is not just a basic system with limited funcionality but a full blown system with a built in SMTP client to name just one single feature, and the ability to upload your own web pages to it. More details of the power of this will be released in due course.

Locality of the device

The PAB system that uses advanced technology only seen elsewhere in advanced engineering where proven reliability comes first, can reach a staggering 100 metres (nearly 400ft?). So with one single cable you can have all your devises located anywhere you want keeping the base station again where ever you want, couple that with the PAB hub and you have probably the neatest and tidiest system on the market with no external control boxes e.g ph redox temp, littering your fish house.

PRICE

The ProfiLux 3 has been priced to meet the present and future demands of what clients expect in quality and advanced engineering, no short cuts have been made just to keep up with price wars within the industry, a clear emphysis on quality and robust functionality has come first as always.

I strongly suggest anyone attending Macna has a look inside the open ProfiLux 3 and just see for themselves the quality of design and build, Cheap build, this is not! Extreme German engineering this really is!!

As said above GHL refuse to get involved in cut throat price wars within the controller industry and instead going their own way investing firmly in robust engineering and proven reliability so the user is not left with any doubt about the reliability of what they have purchased.

Of course the ProfiLux plus II will remain the entry level system, BUT unlike other systems you can upgrade to the ProfiLux 3 at anytime by fitting the upgrade kit, so everyone can get on the ladder at whatever level they so choose.

The basic P3 controller with temp probe is Mapped at $599.00USD, kit prices will follow.

We acknowledge in the modern world everyone wants something as cheap as possible, but GHL refuse to go so low they are left with nothing to further advance the brand and effect quality. Bargains are good but at what cost to functionality and quality?

Release date

We will be shipping both upgrades and kits firmly on target during the month of November.

Function list

The below list is just the start and further advances will follow

•ProfiLux 3 (eX) – control device
•Powerbar-PAB – digital powerbar
•Expansion Box – further in and outputs, as well as 5 slots for modules
•SMS-Module-PAB
•Dosing Unit-PAB
ProfiLux View-PAB (display & operating device with coloured display and touch screen)

The cable length between two bus devices may be up to 100metres (Nearly 400 feet), wiring in series or star topology (PAB-hub necessary) is possible. This in turn enables the controller to be positioned anywhere you so choose, not restricting it to tank side operation only.

Due to the modular buildup, the number of sockets, sensor inputs, 1-10V-interfaces and communication interfaces is nearly unlimited.

Functions & features (dependent on the available hardware)

•Measurement & control of pH-value, temperature, Redox, conductivity (salt or fresh water), oxygen, humidity, air temperature, all sensors are galvanically isolated.
•Seasonal temperature courses.
•Automatic calibration of all sensors.
•Auto top off, automatic water change, leakage detection.
•Illumination control for dimmable (1-10V-interfaces or DALI) and non-dimmable lamps, calendar-based moon phases, storms, also seasonally variable illumination possible including thunderstorm simulations using the GHL LED sticks and spots.
AC dimmable ballast controllable eg Phillips advanced mark 10.
Aqua Illumination compatible unlocking the true capabilities of the aqua illumination system.
TMC Aqua Ray controllable.
8 x Tunze stream controllable with the addition of a single cable, no Tunze controller required. FURTHER STREAMS ARE CONTROLLABLE WITH EXPANSION. Tunze wave box controllable.
Hydor Koralia 12v controllable using pump control-1 expansion box.
•Pump control for controllable and non-controllable pumps (see above), different pump groups with different settings, waves, ebb-flow, surge, random, sequences, shortest wave duration 0,4 s, therefore also suited for wave boxes .
•Dosing pump control, GHL dosing pump systems.
•Universal timers, shortest switching time 1s.
Integrated web-server (display of values and configuration, remote programming), own website can be loaded, compatible with all current browsers.
Integrated e-mail-client (sending of e-mails in case of an alarm).
•PIN-protection.
•Reminder functions.
•Optical and acoustic alarm.
•Feeding pause and maintenance function.
•Safety functions, e.g. redundant sensors, monitoring of the sensor function, value check.
•Due to simple software updates (device doesn’t need to be opened for this), always the newest functions are available.
•Large internal storage for measured values for all sensors, according to the setting, you can store measured values up to several years.
•Switch-on delay of sockets after blackout.
•Programmable logic.
•PC-software available for FREE.
•100%-downwardly compatible: hardware of ProfiLux Plus II can be used further on (e.g. expansion cards, powerbars, ProfiLux View II).
•ProfiLux Plus II can be upgraded to ProfiLux 3, ProfiLux Plus II (eX) can be upgraded to ProfiLux 3 (eX) with an Upgrade-Kit.
•Connection of external display and operating units (ProfiLux View-PAB) possible, also several to one system.
•Internal clock keeps on running also during a blackout (Goldcap instead of battery, therefore no battery change necessary).
•All settings remain also during blackout.
•Universal analog (0 - 10 V) and digital inputs.
Hardware ProfiLux 3 (eX)
•32Bit-controller – enough reserve of processing power and storage for future extensions
•Inputs for pH-value, temperature, 2 x level (ProfiLux 3 eX has additional inputs for redox, conductivity and one more level sensor).
•2x expansion slots. Infinite further expansion with the PAB expansion box
•4x 1-10V-interfaces with additional shut-off signals, dimmable electronic ballasts can be turned completely powerless at 0% (6x for ProfiLux 3 eX ).
•2x connections for ProfiLux II-powerbars.
•LAN (WLAN compatible: if a wireless bridge is used, a wireless connection is possible).
•USB.
•2x ProfiLux Aquatic Bus (PAB)-Interface.
•RS232-port, to connect a SMS-Module or a ProfiLux View, also suited for the connection to PCs, multimedia controller or house automation systems with RS232.
•Graphical blue/white display.
•Robust key pad.
Hardware Powerbar-PAB
•6x separately switchable sockets each can be loaded with 15 AMP with infinate expandability of socket numbers.
•Current measurement for all sockets.
•Safety switches in case of a failure of ProfiLux or PAB – sockets then overtake a preprogrammed state (on or off).
Hardware Expansion Box-PAB
•Inputs for pH-value, temperature, conductivity, Redox, 2 x level.
•5x expansion slots.
•4x 1-10V-interfaces (6x for ProfiLux 3 eX ).

NOTE - EVERYTHING IS EXPANDABLE IN BOTH FEATURE AND NUMBER!!

END!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 PM

subman is on a distinguished road

Wow
Can't wait to see one in real life! When are they shipping?

My other summer hobby:
http://www.edkra.ca
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 AM

Release date

We will be shipping both upgrades and kits firmly on target during the month of November.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 AM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Got my upgrade on Order SWEET I Just Cant wait

J
Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 AM

Ya Dude is on a distinguished road

so can you upgrade only certain things or is it a complete kit.Can the Tunze expansion be separate?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:54 AM

The ProfiLux 3 comes in two forms

a complete controller

OR

For those that already have the Plus II they just fit the upgrade kit

The upgrade kit turns the Plus II into a fully functional ProfiLux 3

The tunze is not an expansion but an integral part of both the Plus II and the ProfiLux 3
Old 09-24-2009, 01:42 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I assume that if/when I upgrade my Profilux Plus EXII to the III that all my current Profilux devices will plug in and and work as they do today? :-D
Old 09-24-2009, 01:55 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Any pictures of the rear panel; jacks and connections etc?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 AM

Kien - Yes as stated in the press release the P3 is backward compatible.

Snaz - I think this will assist

Old 09-24-2009, 02:27 AM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

Got my upgrade on Order

Tom R