Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatouille View Post
Don't forget to post pic's when you get it done... I'm sure lots of people will be interested in what you come up with for the typhon, especially for the menu buttons. I wanted to build that controller, but could never just find anyone that had a spare PCB.
I machined the slot for the controller last night and I'll try to finish off the control box tonight or Sunday. I think I might try to 3D print myself some button extensions . I've been taking pics along the way, so when I get time I'll put together a build thread.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM

Chatouille is on a distinguished road

Wow... a bunch of typo's in my last post. Now I have to put a disclaimer in for my sig.

Dom-
If you aren't able to find any headers, I'll have an extra. Tracking shows that my package is finally (after 3 weeks) in Canada, so should have it early next week. You can also use the 8 pin female stackable headers, and lego it like you said if you have enough extra.

lol... If I had a 3d printer and a CNC in my house, I'd NEVER leave it, PLUS I'd finally have a reason to learn how to use solidworks more in-depth. Looking forward to the pic's.

Chris
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 PM

Chatouille is on a distinguished road

new small bump in the road... does anyone know of an online source for weld-on 4, or small quantites of methylene cholride & glacial acetic acid so I can make my own? Just read that weld-on/methylene chloride has a shelf life of 2 years. None of the glass shops here were much help, and not sure I want to chance using my 8 year old stuff.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Woohoo! Progress. After several days of fiddling and fooling around with some code issues I finally got my Arduino running the code. Turns out the V1.1 code isn't Mac compatible and I've been trying to do this on my computer. Had to move over to the wife's. Here's the board up and running:

and a close up of the screen shot:

I'm able to navigate through everything, set the date and time. I still need to get me some tall header's to be able to stack multiple prototyping boards so I can wire up my temperature sensors and future Ph sensors as well.
My LDD drivers are shipping on the 29th not the 26th like I thought. I'll also be getting my HLG drivers for the XM-L LED's.
I'm excited!.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM

LDD's and HLG driver officially are en-route via DHL. Good thing as I hear a few other suppliers who had gotten shipments have already sold out again and the eta on next shipment is Arpil
Old 01-30-2013, 04:08 PM

Shot in the dark but... Did you order any extra LDDs? Long story short, I need three more. I'm going to be putting a mouser order through but thought I'd ask!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 AM

I did get a couple extra's, what size did ya need?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 AM

WooHoo! I got my LDD drivers today and my HLG drivers as well. Man, I didn't think these LDD's were quite that small.

Hey Chis (Chatouille) PM me your details and I'll send you those drivers you needed.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 AM

Ha! And I didn't think that HLG would be so big! It's huge!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:13 PM

Haha, yeah, it's gonna take up some space, especially considering I'll have 3 of these 42V's and a 36V.
Well, I couldn't resist doing something since I'm home sick with the flu today. I get bored pretty quick, lol.
I soldered up one of my boards with the mounting clips for the LDD's and everything looks good.

I'm wanting to steal a bit of power from my power supply units so I got some HRD DC converters. But they come stock with set resistors and I want to switch them out for variable ones so I can adjust the voltage I need depending what I want to power up. For instance my Arduino , my cooling fans, etc.
So here's the converter I have:

and the back:

and the variable resistor I'd like to use:

Any insights as to how to wire the variable resistor is greatly appreciated.