Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1

Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Contest Reminder:

**Updated FTS and Budget Required today (Nov 15/08) to remain in the contest**

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 11-17-2008, 05:42 AM

Kronk is on a distinguished road

Just have to say that idea for reworking a standard 10g tank is AWESOME! nice clean lines with the stand too.

Good luck in the contest.
Ken
Old 11-17-2008, 05:51 AM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

A little update....

I was not really digging the PC's so I bought a 175MH pendant from a fellow reefer for $100. I will still use the PC's, but I will tear apart the fixture and use the 2 bulbs purely for actinic supplementation. Ive also ordered LED's for the moonlight effect. Hope to have the new lighting all set up for next week and the canopy built to house it all. Its gonna be bright.....
Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap View Post
A little update....

I was not really digging the PC's so I bought a 175MH pendant from a fellow reefer for $100. I will still use the PC's, but I will tear apart the fixture and use the 2 bulbs purely for actinic supplementation. Ive also ordered LED's for the moonlight effect. Hope to have the new lighting all set up for next week and the canopy built to house it all. Its gonna be bright.....
Whatever mr.hotshot with ur sunglasses.. ur still gonna lose ahah

Should be nice... I wasn't totally digging the random box on top... you worried about heat at all??
Old 11-17-2008, 06:05 AM

I was always going to build a cap for the top....I just havnt gotten around to it as Im pretty damn lazy.

Ill probably run 2 or 3 fans out the rear of the cap. I figure with that heat shouldnt be a problem. If it is I might have to run a ice probe, but I cant even see having to do that until summer/ when the contest is over.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I was always going to build a cap for the top....I just havnt gotten around to it as Im pretty damn lazy.

Ill probably run 2 or 3 fans out the rear of the cap. I figure with that heat shouldnt be a problem. If it is I might have to run a ice probe, but I cant even see having to do that until summer/ when the contest is over.
Better hope... or it'll blow your budget ahah. Fans should do it?? I only have 5 volts running through mine otherwise they're just too loud, but I did order a speed control for them... hopefully it works
Old 11-17-2008, 06:15 AM

Speaking of fans. Did you just buy yours online? Id much prefer to buy them in town, but if I have to Ill buy them online.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Speaking of fans. Did you just buy yours online? Id much prefer to buy them in town, but if I have to Ill buy them online.
Princess auto always has them an the inverters pretty cheap
Old 11-17-2008, 08:47 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

That's why they are noisy, don't be so damn cheap Wes and buy some good case fans!

I bought some stealths from P.C. Place by Grainfields on 8th (I'm sure there are cheaper places if you look hard) and a DC wall plug from The Source... easy as pie and quiet like no ones business when running ~7v.

I feel better now since you have spent another 100 bucks on lighting, now I'm not the only one to blow 1/3 of the budget on lights haahaa!

Last edited by Scythanith; 11-17-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
That's why they are noisy, don't be so damn cheap Wes and buy some good case fans!

I bought some stealths from P.C. Place by Grainfields on 8th (I'm sure there are cheaper places if you look hard) and a DC wall plug from The Source... easy as pie and quiet like no ones business when running ~7v.

I feel better now since you have spent another 100 bucks on lighting, now I'm not the only one to blow 1/3 of the budget on lights haahaa!
I'm sure mine would still be quite at 7 volts but run 12 through those babies and it's LOUD.

Yeah I'm glad I got such a good deal on my lights .... I just wish I would have positioned them better