Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-17-2015, 12:35 AM

Wretch is on a distinguished road

Brian pleasure to meet you and Joanne. Thanks for the pizza and beer. Gad I could help. Enjoy the new tank. Looks real nice.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:24 AM

Howie is on a distinguished road

Looks great, I really like the stand that was made for it.

Howie's 82g Tank Journal
Old 03-17-2015, 01:38 AM

Sharkbait-huhaha is on a distinguished road

Time to get the tank wet!!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 AM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait-huhaha View Post
Time to get the tank wet!!
Tank is 3/4 full, unplumbed. Doing aquascape at the moment. Will post pics/update later.

Tomorrow it will be plumbed.

Brian
Old 03-17-2015, 03:31 AM

Question: what can I use to hold down cable wires flush on top of the eurobrace? The Radions need somewhere to go to, and running along the brace seems to be the best option I have (do not want to run the wires on the ceiling), considering all things like length of wire, outlet location, aesthetics.

Brian
Old 03-17-2015, 04:31 AM

Piscez is on a distinguished road

Hey Brian, great to meet you and Joanne, Joe too! Glad my son and I were able to help you out, that was a heavy beast, but great looking, can't wait to see it up and running, guess I should get my act together and start publishing my build too! Glad everything worked out well, even the weather, have fun!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Sorry I've been so busy trying to catch up with work after taking off for 5 days last week to spend time with family in Leavenworth, WA. Awesome vacation but now I'm crazy busy all week. Glad it went well.

Anthony
Old 03-19-2015, 04:29 PM

Thanks to Ryan (neoh), my plumbing has been completed! Well, it was 90% completed on Tuesday, but I had to go grab an extra tee to finish the job yesterday. He came all the way from the other side of town and didn't ask for anything in return. Faith in humanity restored!

The plumbing is very straightforward: herbie style 1.5" drains, with a gate valve on the main line and the emergency is in the front of the picture. The return is 1" which tees off to another gate valve into the refugium (with the loc-lines for adjustment), powered by a Jebao DCT12000.

As you can see, the skimmer is still over foaming like a rabid dog. I expect it to break in within the next few days, it should be fine after I start feeding when the corals go in. It's a Bubble Magus Curve 9 that we bareeeely fit into the skimmer chamber. Had to ask for Joanne's small hands and magic touch to re-attach the skimmer body.

The other side of the stand:

Currently housing two empty 10g tanks. I'll be using them for TTM. Eventually these tanks will make way for a permanent QT and an ATO bucket/tank. Originally I had thoughts of running the electronics board on this end, but after deliberation I have switched gears and will be running the wires in a cabinet (yet to be bought) outside the stand. Safer and more convenient, and don't have to worry about wire management inside the stand.

FTS:

Tank has been wet since Monday night and a few inverts have been in since then, and have been doing fine (couple of hermit crabs, a turbo snail, a featherduster, and some spag worms/brittle stars). Even the zoas that are attached on the LR have been opening up quite nicely.

Sand should be going in today and if time allows, Joanne will finish the aquascaping tonight and I can put up the lights afterwards (didn't want to install lights yet as it would hinder aquascaping, moving rocks and such).

That also means corals will be able to go in (depending on water params, will test tonight) soon, and the 72 days fallow period will begin. The fish in the RSM will go through their TTM period and afterwards will go back to the RSM until the 72, at which time they will be able to enjoy the big tank, finally!

Brian
Old 03-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Following along...it's looking good. Sump visually looks small for that tank...how big is it?

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
Following along...it's looking good. Sump visually looks small for that tank...how big is it?
Thanks for the compliment.

The picture may be deceiving, the sump is a 4 footer (minus the four dosing chambers) with similar footprint as a standard 55g, so I'd estimate the actual volume around 45g.

Brian