Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-23-2012, 04:04 PM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
oh, you mean kinda like how you are "working" right now?
yes, I am doing what i am doing best when i am at home. If i am at work then I will do whatever best i do at work. You on the other hand..... hmmm slacker hahaha
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

made it to work in 45 mins from the NW. No chickening out, just chillin in the car, listening to tunes, having a great time!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Of course, then there are those douchebags like me who like to quote image links for fun every now and again to **** off you and Myka.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:07 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

i must really suck at this looking for sponsorship thing. no one wants to sponsor young adults.... they have the money, but will save it for kids. Pub crawls and bar nights don't work as we don't drink a lot... and more then half my team are students and aren't from the city so they don't have many people that would come to a silent auction. any other ideas....?! If i do a silent auction... will you guys come?! lol!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!

Last edited by Flash; 10-24-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

I am so fed up with my job, contractors, clients etc..... Contractors think they can take their sweet ass time getting a job done when they've been paid a 50% deposit. Oh, let's walk away from the job right in the middle of the day and leave the client (me) to deal with the fallout of ****ed off people emailing, calling and stopping in to complain. Or let's do a major power upgrade and when the entire building's power trips, its because the tenants are now overloading the system????? WE JUST UPGRADED THE AMOUNT OF POWER AVAILABLE!!!! Or, how about contractors who arbitrariliy decide to terminate their contract, with no notice they are terminating a contract, stop performing the work, but continue to invoice, including providing timesheets, we find out 3 months later and are still waiting to be reimbursed. Or, another on another project, the contractor was requested to provide information so that once completed, we could hit the ground running, no, don't get it and when we do, the supplier has no clue what we are even talking about. And the job is not completed because we were informed of final connection requirements. And I get blasted for documents not being completed, when I am not the one responsible for completing the documents, I don't negotiate corporate contracts, yet, I am asked to decipher what the corporate people come up with? Morons!!!! I just finished yelling at my boss for this, well plugged my ears so I couldn't hear him....

What is wrong with contractors in this city???? These are not mom and pop groups, they are big corporations and they really do not give a crap about performance or reputation. There's a lot of folks getting fired now as I've had enough....Its not specific industry, its all of them it seems. AGH....sorry for the rant....
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM

Flash is on a distinguished road

they are no better up here.... trust me!

Fb- edmonton fish coral and hardware buy and sell!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:54 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

I just turned on my tv and ctv news was on talking about sports, I was about to go into my pvr list (and I was looking down at the remote) when I hear the announcer say "and this is what our underwater cheerlearders have to say about that" (for a split second I thought to myself huh???) and low and behold I look up just in time to see a video of a pom pom crab!!! LOL I have to admit I thought that was awesome!!!! So much so that I had to share
Old 10-26-2012, 04:06 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Try being a small business & getting big companies to pay you on time. I have a strict 30 day payment policy & get companies to sign off on it but several take 60-90 days & refuse to pay the interest charge they signed off on.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
Try being a small business & getting big companies to pay you on time. I have a strict 30 day payment policy & get companies to sign off on it but several take 60-90 days & refuse to pay the interest charge they signed off on.
+100000000000000000000

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 10-26-2012, 06:28 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
My favourite boss had a policy for these kind of accounts ...
They always received the utmost priority, and they always paid a little hidden extra ...

You can have the best rapport with any service account, but their payables don't care ....

Greg, just add a little to your invoices to cover you pain, and all is good