Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Bubble Magus Club

Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

I see you changed the prices today. All went up about $50 bucks?

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
THIS is estimated!!

BM-150Pro = $349 retail

BM-180CS = $399retail

BM-220CS = $699 retail

Of course prices are in CAD and no duty or other rubbish! And shipped from your "CANADIAN retailer"

These prices depend on exchange rate and shipping costs!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:43 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Yep and that is why in the post it says "estimate"

We received the correct shipping prices from all 3 shippers and they came in 15% higher and the rate of exchange has gone from 1.02 to 1.08 at time of ordering and paying.

BM have also set the MAP prices at above this, but we are negotiating down for you.

The only thing that will ever change these figures now is if the USD goes above 1.10.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-25-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:39 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

I guess it's not that far off. 180Cs form BM directly, $290, +60 shipping to my door. $350 USD

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 01-26-2010, 02:43 PM

Yep and when you take into account the USD conversion rate right now credit cards are using 1.11 as the rate so multiply that figure by 11%!

The prices quoted are CAD here and always will be.

I spoke with BM in depth last night and they are actually setting the MAP at $399USD ($440.00CAD) for the BM150pro we are sticking for now at $349.00CAD.

If the exchange rate goes crazy then we would have to respond, but we are doing everything in our power to make sure the BM stays within range.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:51 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

What is MAP?

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 01-26-2010, 02:58 PM

same as MRSP but US version

M.A.P. - Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy

Manufacturers have a Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) policy that distributors are contractually required to not "advertise" their product below a specific price. This is a required contract with these suppliers for us to resell their products.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:42 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Do you have a link to that Aqua, I would like to give that a read.

Steve
Steve, I'm sure you've seen this but just in case you haven't here's the article: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/1/aafeature

To date it (and the previous study/article), are the only "peer reviewed" articles I've seen published on TOC, and DOC removal for skimmers. This article indicates that the inclusion of a cone did not improve performance for the skimmers tested.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 01-31-2010, 08:32 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
Steve, I'm sure you've seen this but just in case you haven't here's the article: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2010/1/aafeature

To date it (and the previous study/article), are the only "peer reviewed" articles I've seen published on TOC, and DOC removal for skimmers. This article indicates that the inclusion of a cone did not improve performance for the skimmers tested.
nope never saw that thanks.. confirmed some of my suspisions.. might as well spend 250 on a **** as it will preform just as good as that 900 buck bubble king

that was a good read as the only reading i coule find saying cones were better were from the people trying to sell them.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-31-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 PM

This is why we will be offering both styles so everyone can have what they want

I think the cone argument is more to do with what people prefer rather than if there is any advantages, the price is the same so it comes down to personal choice.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:41 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
nope never saw that thanks.. confirmed some of my suspisions.. might as well spend 250 on a **** as it will preform just as good as that 900 buck bubble king

that was a good read as the only reading i coule find saying cones were better were from the people trying to sell them.

Steve
Yeah it's nice that there is finally some objectivity and accountability starting to occur in this hobby as it relates to equipment. Hopefully the days of sensational unsubstantiated BS marketing hype are moving into our rear view mirror. Ultimately though, while the information is becoming available it's incumbent upon consumers to seek objective information and make informed decisions. We just need to see this trend put pressure on manufacturers to make some changes and justify some of their marketing claims *cough-Zeovit-cough* (as one example).
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"