Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 03-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
it has wirless control and USB control, if APEX has the capability to support such a vast feature array.
Sorry, I was looking for a technical answer, not sales pitch. I would assume a light seller would know what their product is capable of doing and not doing.

It's great that you have a vast array of features to tout, but basically a customer wants to know how much and how can they use it.
I'll check back when you have technical details in May. Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 02:03 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

The only comment we will make on price either before or after announcement will be and is -

You will get what you pay for, feature rich full spectrum and coming from a company renowned for the highest possible quality and components used.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Sorry, I was looking for a technical answer, not sales pitch. I would assume a light seller would know what their product is capable of doing and not doing.

It's great that you have a vast array of features to tout, but basically a customer wants to know how much and how can they use it.
I'll check back when you have technical details in May. Thanks
Not quite sure how on earth you thought that was a sales pitch, the answer is in the reply If Apex is capable of such features then I am sure yes, but an official announcement has not been made from GHL as yet.

However as a marketing forum and thread please expect a sales pitch now and again I think thats what this forum is for.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 03-29-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Maybe these will bring the price of radions down.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Michael, if I go to AI site, they tell me the light that they want to sell is supported by the native controller, Profilux and Apex. They know this stuff. I would expect GHL would know if they're interested in selling to that portion of the market.
Yes, it's great to have the sales pitch, but so far you've used lots of fancy sales words and haven't told us much.
I need LED lights for my tank, and I need to know what works and what doesn't. AI tells me about their stuff, I would expect GHL to tell me if and why their product is better.

Example - PAR = more than I need... really?? Before I buy anything, I would like to see statistics. PAR = a number at a certain depth and spread. Cost. Controller compatibility. Real things.

I suppose this will all be available in time, but with an announcement for a competing product, for me who needs to make a decision soon, the sales hype isn't what I need to make my decision.

Basically, as a consumer, I just want to know what will work best for my setup. This info might not be available yet, that's ok then...
Old 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM

This is a brand new announcment the original announcement was not going to come until the beginning of May. The announcement is also very clear in stating no more details at present. The reason for this is due to the fact they are still developing the unit to its final state. Ai and others have been out longer so I would expect them to tell you what works with what.

When more details are released this thread will be the first to know. If you cant wait that long then I would suggest following your own instincts what is right for you.

Or in the meantime buy a Profilux where you know your investment will be safe for years to come in terms of technology and quality (and yes I hereby state this last sentance is an official sales pitch )

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 03-29-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 AM

Jakegr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
it has wirless control and USB control, if APEX has the capability to support such a vast feature array.
Lines like this remind me of the whole Orphek/Mike Maddox episode.

Anyways, as a IIIex owner I'm excited to see GHL's new fixture.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 AM

troni is on a distinguished road

sounds incredible! hands down more expensive then radions. the Q is whats the coverage?

20g reef 25g sump, DIY led form modular led, 2 false percs

Old 04-01-2012, 12:03 PM

With over 60 LED's on hand the coverage should reflect this, looking at the specs my good guess will be 30" cube in growth area coverage. Take into account I have absolute no more info on this lamp than you what so ever.

In terms of price, I have no clue, but looking at the potential coverage area, LED amount used and importantly 420nm LED incorporation and the specs, I am expecting above $800 in terms of pricing, I think that is a fair and expected assumption, by how how much I do not know or wish to even speculate.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 04-01-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:28 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Is there anything in the works to replace the current LED light simu-sticks?

I would love to see the Simu-sticks replaced with a better unit.