Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 11-30-2010, 04:45 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound96 View Post
no worries on the nem and sorry to see the elegance in such rough shape and as for the eel i've hated them ever since mine bit my ausi harlequin tusk in half

yeah my little bugger is growing up lol plus the female was gettin quite aggressive so it was only a matter of time till they had it out, but i cant wait to get him out of there and into something bigger as hes starting to grow really fast still love the little bastard though lol hes cost me soooo much hes eaten just about every crab ive ever had he eats all my snails at will lol he ate 5 cleaner shrimp and hes tortured my zoas since the day they met lol rather ****ed though as this is the 3rd elegance ive tried and this is the only one that was doing well way she goes i spose lol
Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 AM

RedCoralEdmonton is on a distinguished road

Denny ill get you another fine specimen down the road if you want..... other then that i think this is reason to get your cube up and running even faster!!!!

Steve
Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 AM

hound96 is on a distinguished road
Default cube

i second that motion
Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Your clowns were huge... how did that eel ever manage to down that puppy!!?!??!?!

F***!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Your clowns were huge... how did that eel ever manage to down that puppy!!?!??!?!

F***!

not sure really its quite the mystery but its all i can think about that happened, when i went to work yesterday it was very healthy and the clown was hosting it and last night half of the elegance was literally tore to shreds and my female clown is gone.i have noticed that when my eel swims near the elegance my female attacks it and goes nuts i was hoping they would come to an under standing but...well i guess they did lol .also my eel has a swolen belly and is staying in his cave which is a good indication hes been fed and overfull.

i guess the eel bit him in defense and when the clown got hit probably suffered for a bit on the sand and then my eel would have been all over the "hurt and weakened clown......would have been perfect food in the wild" i also find it hard to believe that he ate her as she was around 3"

and now just for the cherry on top the gbta i got last night decided to house himself right on my fire and ice colony

the elegance is still alive and half the body that remains is looking really well this morning but i doubt it will make a comeback now too much exposed flesh....it looks like someone took it and started slicing it with razorblades

steve i am getting another one as soon as i can get the male clown out, i was really liking how good this one was doing and im sure i can do better, its funny how we were talking about the clowns and elegances and i was going to remove them in fear they would get to rough with it...a fight in it with my ell never occurred

cube is gonna be going up soon for these reasons plus my 33 is horribly overstocked with zoas , my yellow tang has been in a holding tank and he needs the swimming room soon plus me eel is getting big hes around 14" estimated not very thick yet but hes attacking the food i offer him alot more voilently lately and hes already bit me once. soo all these signs say get the tank going asap

2 weeks before i can fill with water because of the silicone but steve ill be over hunting through your plumbing parts this week
Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM

RedCoralEdmonton is on a distinguished road

if you want you should cut your elegance in half and hope to save the healthy part.... they can heal quite quickly from fragging

Steve
Old 11-30-2010, 10:49 PM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

Aww thats not good to hear about your clown, sometimes I guess its not such a good idea to be so bold... Well against an eel anyways!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:48 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Aww thats not good to hear about your clown, sometimes I guess its not such a good idea to be so bold... Well against an eel anyways!
Honestly I'm glad she's gone I only kept her because I had her so long, she killed he mate a few months back soo karma I guess lol I'm done with clowns in the zoa tank

Steve I may do that I'll see how ut doing when I get home from work I'm on my way now, I fed it this morning so I hope that helps you think fragging it could save it in it's weakened state?? With the amount of tissue showing that was this morning(around half) is regrowth a pssibilty with an elegance???

prob a male clown for free here right away lol
Old 12-01-2010, 12:37 AM
R.I.P.

awesome lol i actually came home to a very healthy half elegance lol you wouldnt say anything has happened only for one half is missing the clown has left it alone now that theres a gbta in there.

nowwww what should i do with said elegance?? maybe start a save the elegance project thread??

i also just gave the tank a heavy does of food as i can still see several healthy mouthsill do a water change tonight
Old 12-02-2010, 11:50 PM
R.I.P.

hummmm didnt think a tiny nem like that would split in 2 days lol but now i have 2 thanks dennis

Tags
anemone, coral, frag, sps