Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > World Feeds

Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 PM

Cal_stir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
Very cool video. I have tried this product as well and can't get my grazers to touch it for the life of me lol.
I bought 2 containers, got all but one left, got 20 fish that eat vegie sheets but not one took a bite.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:43 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

As with all new foods you will get a transition period to what they are used to, more so when dealing with a high natural diet like New Era. If your fish have been used to algae wafers that have very little taste or possibly nutritional value then I am sure they will at first ignore such a high pallet taste, they are not used to it, the first thing fish go for is shape and flavour, if they do not recognise it they will at first ignore it. But if you want your fish to have the best posible diet, then you need to follow the food transition guidence.

This is an excellent thread here about food transition

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72550

One other great point is this - We recently received an order for 50Kg of the grazing diet from Toronto zoo, now Toronto has the most strict regime with foods they buy including fish food, so much so they have their own nutritionists that are qualified in the dietry management of all fish, they took 3 months to evaluate the grazing diet before deciding it was what they hoped for. Furthermore the grazing diet is used in all these public aquariums.

http://www.new-era-aquaculture.com/p.../north-america

That list in the link is JUST the USA alone.

I know a few on here have reported little success, however when you follow correct guidelines in regards to adding new foods you WILL reap the rewards

I could not be more passionate about this becuase New ERA IS without doubt not just a food you dump in your tank, its proven, researched and qualified that what you are feeding gives the upmost nutritional value to your chosen species. Even raw fish meal does not give as much as New Era does, however its blend is very much based on the raw components, this is why it is not heated at baked rates, instead cold compressed.

If this was not true then would all these aquariums that all have in house nutritionists use New Era?

check out the full list yourself in the link above under the heading "who uses New Era"

if its good enough for such a regulated market then it should be good enough for you

All I say is you need to remember food transition and if you want to reap the rewards all the research centers (including Vancouver research) see in the product then it is worth following.

Feeding New Era is feeding the most professional food on the market with a proven and high profile following, but as with anything of high pallet taste you must allow your fish to adjust.

I guess the last thing to add are all these videos and photos fake?

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 04-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:54 PM

Just in case you still have doubts

Here are some more videos of the food in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZTnA...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqb2A...layer_embedded
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 PM

JetJumper is on a distinguished road

My fish go crazy for this stuff. Its like crack for fish I find! Just takes them time to get used to it. Try feeding the algae waffers right next to the suction cup and see if they take a bite of it. I have an orange shoulder that took a few days to warm up to it, but now the second I put it in I can't even get my hands away before he is trying to eat it between my fingers!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road

I absolutely love this product but isn't it rather crazy expensive if you're feeding one wheel per day or am I missing something?
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 AM

JetJumper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
I absolutely love this product but isn't it rather crazy expensive if you're feeding one wheel per day or am I missing something?
I personally feed it once or twice a week. as a "treat"
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

I have to put 2 of these disks in at the same time, I don't even get it n the suction cup before my fish try to attack it. They don't have time to break up before the fish totally devour it. I do notice that the tank gets a little cloudy during the feeding feast but it really doesn't bother me that much.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
I have to put 2 of these disks in at the same time, I don't even get it n the suction cup before my fish try to attack it. They don't have time to break up before the fish totally devour it. I do notice that the tank gets a little cloudy during the feeding feast but it really doesn't bother me that much.
My fish are little pigs, I get the same reaction no matter what I'm feeding them. It's got to the point were I can hardly even watch the tank anymore because they just all come to the front glass and stare at me, I have to be a ways away for them to act naturally. I haven't tried these disks yet but I don't really have any grazers either.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
This is not a food for daily feeding unless you are looking to beat the fatest Tang record .

Its for sure a treat, two at most three times a week, but a treat that packs a mass of highly beneficial nutrition

Here is my diet plan and my only Tang being a Chevron is quite a fat little chump! Take into account this is a very lightly stock 60 gal cube

every day for one week - Aegis flake diet
Once a week - one puck of grazing diet
following week - Marine flake in the morning and Algal flake in the evening
Once in that week - grazing puck

In between this the odd day gets marine and algal pellet mixture.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 AM

Just as an FYi with progressive reef closing, if you need supply on the island Paws N Jaws up island now have an account with us and are already starting to fill their shelves.

Drop in and see Barry.