Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Bubble Magus Club

Old 01-24-2010, 11:50 AM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

The GHL doser out competes them in every respect. All model sizes available with built in controller with 1,2,3,4 pump options and each unit upgradeable.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst..._technics.html

We will be bringing in most other items they do though as the range builds, this includes the pendant reflectors.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-24-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:26 PM

Argentiner is on a distinguished road

I'm interested in the bubble magnus as it out competes the GHL in price. I have no doubt the GHL is a much higher quality product.

Last edited by Argentiner; 01-24-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:38 PM

You get what you pay for. The GHL are German built with two year warranites and the most sort after doser on the market. They are not as cheap but for a reason. The BM dosing peri pumps are not replaceable there is no part number for them to be replaced, big sales issue that one, there is also no expansion option and only the 3 pump is controllable and it cant be upgraded.

We will test a BM doser for 6 months prior to bringing anything in, the skimmers have been tested in an array of enviroments and are very popular due to their amazing performance, so they have already hit the ground running, however the dosers need to go through the same evaluation.

The dosers are yet to be tested, and if the pumps survive more than 6 months then we will look at them.

Simple answer I guess is - Not until proven or market warranted, i.e demand.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-24-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:06 PM

om6acw is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to om6acw

Aqua-Digital - you should learn little bit about product before you put something out, BM dosser is expendable to 11 channels and all can be controlled by head unit, and referring to "german build" 90% parts in GHL products are made in Japan, Singapore etc. so where is the "german" quality but that's for different thread .......
Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 PM

Oh sigh here we go, why do post have to be always turned so negative!

I am not quite sure where you get your info from but it is I am sorry quite wrong. One thing that has made GHL so much sort after globally is their commitment to quality, and German parts and maunfacture, GHL will back this up as it is the foundation of their company ethos.

GHL do NOT use anything other than German mechanical parts and use where at all possible European electronic parts. The PCB's are assembled in house at the German factory. Even the extrusion work is done in house. If you would like to email GHL directly for confirmation please feel free to do so, I can give you the owners personal email address.

And if you still have doubts please see below a picture of the dosing motor just removed from a GHL doser assy. Please note the made in Germany sticker

As the distributors for over 4 years now and personally know Matthias very well, I think I qualify very well knowing where the product comes from and where made, and am very aware of the product we distribute. I have also personally been in contact with the factory that makes GHL dosing peri pumps in Germany. Maybe you also missed the factory tour thread of GHL facility on RC. However they do also use depending on supply an American pump from time to time.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System/system.html
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...s/success.html
(browser should auto translate)

The GHL PAB dosers can control multiple pumps, how many do you want 32 maybe or more?

Back to BM dosers - As said before until we have assured ourselves personally of the quality we will not market them, if they do look viable then we will, I am quite sure "most" people will see that as responsible distribution. Whichever way we will not be pressured into bringing a product to market that we have not yet tested or feel has been market tested, and nothing will change that.

At present we are concentrating on bringing in for everyone some really great skimmers that so many reefers really want easy and affordable access to, and from there we will grow the brand steadily and in good time making sure product service and client service is maintained at all times.

Up until now this thread and launch of Bubble Magus has been very positive with great feedback and support from CanReef members so I would like to please keep this forum on track and positive at all time Please be assured CanReef members will be the first to know when we expand the range just please give us time to do things correctly.

SO Back now to Bubble Magus Skimmers -

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-24-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 PM

om6acw is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to om6acw

oooo man you edited your post like 5 times , its not important from where those parts are (Japan, Singapore, Taiwan) what I want to say is just because something is put together in Germany from parts all around the world doesn't automatically mean its better then something from China (made from some parts) and quality of that product is just that good how good are those parts.......we use to say when I was working in Germany "Es ist nicht alles Gold, was glänzt"

P.S. I can also provide you with pictures of other parts used in GHL products not made in Germany
Old 01-24-2010, 08:34 PM

As we have never seen one single GHL dosing pumps manufacturer failure I am quite proud to stand by its quality, however I have not YET had the same pleasure to see this with Bubble magus dosers, and while parts are not being offered to us we are refraining from distributing them, and more importantly we will not until we have tested them.

My biggest concern with the BM doser is its flexibility, if you buy a 3 pump your stuck with it, what if you dont want 3 pumps or you want to add one pump? Also your options are 3 pump or by adding a 4 pump slave this becomes 7 or 11, you can never have 1, 2 4,5,6,8,9 or 10. There also does not seem to be a timed, or manual dosing option. It can dose 24 times a day but only in ml not timed doses.

Other than these I feel quite large gaps in performance, we will still evaluate one and if demand is there for sure we will stock them.

Please feel free to start a thread elsewhere with GHL pictures if you so choose, but not here as this forum is about Bubble Magus, I say this with kind as I really want to keep this thread on track.

Thank you

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 01-24-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Maybe you also missed the factory tour thread of GHL facility on RC.
Can you please post a link or PM it to me? I did miss that and would love to see it. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Hi

its on the RC forum I can tpost link here due to their hot linking blocking software

Email me and I will send you the link
Old 04-07-2010, 02:26 AM

Wahoo!

They have landed, and are on route from Vancouver to us as i type, we will have the shipment here Friday and start shipping to dealers on Monday!

if you are looking for a skimmer act fast many are pre sold.

Dealers that have the most stock are

progressive reef
Red Coral aquarium

Other dealers have ordered for clients specifically so if you want one either contact your vendor asap or one of the above listed companies.

the next shipment which is massive leaves Bubble Magus on the 20th April, this will have the NAC range of skimmers and more BM's

If there is a specific model you require please let us know now, we can arrange deposit and order it for you on a special.