Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

I have the smaller evergrow on my 20g and my sps doing just dandy. Thus my interest in the larger, better model. The only other choice would be just t-5s, like the 36in. 6 bulb sunpower.I keep peeking at it.

As mine will be open top........heat is not an issue
Old 10-28-2013, 01:38 AM

tim the toolman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I have the smaller evergrow on my 20g and my sps doing just dandy. Thus my interest in the larger, better model. The only other choice would be just t-5s, like the 36in. 6 bulb sunpower.I keep peeking at it.
I was always happy with t5 for sure. But as my previous post states, with 14 bulbs it's just waaaay expensive lol

I'm expecting my evergrow in a couple days so I will definitely post my thoughts on it.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
And it's done. LEDs off, ATI T5 on. Found a couple extra Blue+, so just waiting for the 6 daytime bulbs to fire up to see what it looks like. Room looks different without the giant canopy on the tank

Brad, congrats in making the change! I'll have to come over soon to see the tank under only t5s. I'm still researching and waiting for some technology being perfected with the t5s ( dimming etc...) before I will make the plunge however at this time, the mitras are as close to t5s it's gonna get at this time for me ( please keep in mind that this is my opinion based on how my eyes react to the lighting the mitras put out).

I am keeping a close eye on them ati hybrids... I see that there are some nice tanks that had recently changed over to the t5 hybrids from LEDs which includes the mitras.
ATI 48" 3x75W LED with 8x54W T5, 2xTunze 6105, 2 x Maxspect Gyre XF150, Bubble King Mini 200 ( soon to be replaced by a Bubble King SM 200), Eheim 1262, Via Aqua 300 watt Titanium heater, JBJ ATO, Apex Controller
Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 AM

thmh is on a distinguished road

dayum this thread is hawt hawt fire!!! iam glad iam batting for both led and t5....yaaaah!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

I know one thing. Brad knows what he,s doing with sps. Look back at his previous tank. . Sheez, even the 6 bulb plus bulbs is big $$$$$. I know cause Im pricing.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:55 AM

wayner is on a distinguished road

Waiting on my ATI Hybrid to be delivered - just thought I'd throw it out there 🎃
Old 10-28-2013, 01:57 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Waiting on my ATI Hybrid to be delivered - just thought I'd throw it out there 🎃
Will you please do a review of that beast? No one in this forum seems to have done it till date. Would be really interesting to see one over here instead of going over to youtube to see the same dimming and flashing effects without any insights and helpful comments.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 10-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmh View Post
dayum this thread is hawt hawt fire!!! iam glad iam batting for both led and t5....yaaaah!!!
Ya know, if I were to jump in now, I might look at the hybrids. I do like the features of LED, with the color from T5. And I could buy a fixture today for what I paid for the AIs. And with the money I lost selling them, there were no cost savings to be seen -lol
Also, just an observation with my corals, I notice my green milli now has gold tones, which it never had, even under my MH... And this fixture, with new bulbs, is probably 40% brighter than the loaner unit I was using. I may have found a new favorite light.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:24 AM

wayner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
Will you please do a review of that beast? No one in this forum seems to have done it till date. Would be really interesting to see one over here instead of going over to youtube to see the same dimming and flashing effects without any insights and helpful comments.
Sure Will - the Madjelly Boys have been running them for awhile - maybe we can get them to post their thoughts on the Hybrid., in another thread of course, Poor Brads thread has been beaten up and taken over.

There will be a few of us here in Calgary receiving the Hybrid pretty soon - you will be able to see one on display at one of your favourite stores pretty soon
Old 10-28-2013, 02:31 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Sure Will - the Madjelly Boys have been running them for awhile - maybe we can get them to post their thoughts on the Hybrid., in another thread of course, Poor Brads thread has been beaten up and taken over.

There will be a few of us here in Calgary receiving the Hybrid pretty soon - you will be able to see one on display at one of your favourite stores pretty soon
Awesome

Yah. I should apologize to Brad for ruining his thread. Sorry Brad

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob

Tags
aqua digital, pukani