Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Talking ProfiLux Accessories & Add Ons For 09

Well happy new year to all.

So what to expect from GHL ProfiLux in 2009?

Well here are a few things to add to your wish list that will be released shortly.

1. The EVG power bar.

This power bar will look just like the High Amp bar but it will have the EVG card built in, so people who want to use dimmable 1-10V ballasts have a simple plug and play power bar for 0 Volt switching. all you need to do is bring the mains supply lead from the ballast to the power bar and plug it in. The power for the EVG bar should come from a dedicated wall socket. Then the 1-10V line from the ballast plugs into a western socket on the power bar, and then back to the profiLux

Dimmable wiring made easy

2. Dali ballast interface.

As the industry is moving more and more towards digital lighting control, GHL are taking the lead and introducing a Dali interface, this will be an external accessory from what I can gather. So as Dali becomes the main stay the ProfiLux is ready and waiting to cater for the future industry leading ballast control protocol, opening up the doors for many applications, including the potential for light interogation and analysis.

3. Dimmable power bar.

The dimmable power bar is a controlled by a 1-10V line (L port) as the DC voltage varies between 1-10V then AC output of the power bar can be varied, thus raising and lowering the output AC voltage. This has a wide range of applications such as controlling AC driven pumps. We are also testing a range of AC dimmable ballasts to see if they are stable enough over slow dimming curves.

4. Hydor Koralia pump control.

As Matthias highlighted only today "the Koralia controller will be an extra unit which can be connected on any of the L-ports of the ProfiLux" So the Hydor club prayers have been answered also

5. ProfiLux III

Best left until last

More info on the PIII will start coming out in the spring, the network guys and everyones wish for large data analysis will play a large role in the PIII design and concept. I am "hoping" that i can have a demo unit for Macna, BUT this is my hope and not anything that has come from GHL. So I will keep you posted.

Of course more things will come online as the year progresses and will be announced on here as ever