Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Yes

the front lable of series one states what sockets are high in rush protected, the series 2 do not haver this wording as all are high in rush.

Also series one have internal fuses, series 2 dont
Old 08-26-2008, 11:16 PM

Reefer Rob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
?? no why would there be a warranty upgrade.

thats like saying i bought a 2006 BMW 3 series but they have brought out a new model with better features so i want my 2006 replaced with a 2008 under warranty.

Sorry maybe I read your question wrong I apologise if i have but if i read correct then no sorry..
Hmmm... that was a little harsh.

Way back before there was an Aqua Digital, before there was a RC thread for Profilux, there was a small group of hobbyists that started using the Profilux controller in Canada. Superfudge started a thread on this board and we all got excited and jumped in, based on the excellent customer service and support being provided by Profilux... Colin was one of these people.

While the core unit of the Profilux controler has always been excellent, the power bars were clearly not ready for the 110V market. Through the frustrations and feedback of the original users, Profilux was able to develop a product that was viable for the North American market. I would hope that Matthias appreciates that.

Both my powerbars are series 2 bars that I had replaced when they were under warranty and I haven't had a problem in over a year.

Even if Colin was joking, I don't think his request was out of line at all.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:23 PM

Hmmm I think you are reading words a little too seriously. please re read my last sentance

"Sorry maybe I read your question wrong I apologise if i have but if i read correct then no sorry.."

I stand by our statement also, no company would replace a power bar when there is nothing wrong with it just because a new model has come out, the warranty replacements that happened way back were all done due to a design issue that was addressed within the series one, and as such the series one continued to be produced for another 9 months with the newer series one design.

As it was me that originally highlighted the design issue I sort of had first hand in getting the series 1 up to speed, and took a personal interest in the design being re implemented.

the series 2 was implemented when it became clear that the demand for much higher striking load ballasts were being brought to the market and as such profiLux reacted to accomodate this as well as making the power bar more flexible to peoples long term needs, keeping up with GHL's goal of the product being as future proof as possible

But this is all going over very old ground that was covered so heavily 18 months ago or more just for the sake of one post.

The trouble with the written word in forums or email is there is no emotion so people read words and put their own tone to them, this happens time and time again and it is very difficult to get emotion across

Back to the future as they say

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 08-27-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:30 PM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes

the front lable of series one states what sockets are high in rush protected, the series 2 do not haver this wording as all are high in rush.

Also series one have internal fuses, series 2 dont
OK So the series 1 are what are described in the wiki site. While series 2 I would assume are all 6.3AMP all rush protected?

Thanks again
Jason
Old 08-26-2008, 11:50 PM

No

series 2 are all 200amp YES two hundred amp high in rush protected that means that every single socket can withstand a split second high in rush current surge of up to 200amps protecting it from damage from ballasts that draw huge ampage on striking.

This does not detract from the fact that the total duration load (not striking load) must not exceed more than 15 amps in total on the whole bar, this is in line with your household ring main.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:54 AM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No

series 2 are all 200amp YES two hundred amp high in rush protected that means that every single socket can withstand a split second high in rush current surge of up to 200amps protecting it from damage from ballasts that draw huge ampage on striking.

This does not detract from the fact that the total duration load (not striking load) must not exceed more than 15 amps in total on the whole bar, this is in line with your household ring main.
Does this eliminate the need for the Hi amp power boards?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 PM

Depends on what you ahve attached to the main power bar in terms of load.

if you are running a series of high wattage MH lighting or large chillers then you are probably getting close to the maximum ampage certified to run on one socket that the whole power bar is plugged into at the wall. This is where the HIGH AMP comes into play and spreads that load across another wall socket.

This is the part so many people forget, the certified load of your wall socket, we could build power bars that have 100 sockets all able to take 20 amp load, but that does not detract from the fact you are restricted by what one single wall socket on your home ring main can handle.

So simple answer, no you dont need the High amp providing you are not exceeding the total ampage of the power bar OR your wall socket.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 PM

OK so today was the day to get it all going.
2 small problems I have encountered.
Temp probe always reads 102F This probe is the Larger Black ones
Also the Redox Calibration required a Null plug. What is this and how can I get one.

Thanks
J
Old 08-27-2008, 10:40 PM

102F !!

Make sure you have it in the right port.

The Null plug is always supplied with the ProfiLux EX or Redox expansion always.

This was S/H right?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 PM

Yes It was second Hand. I will try and get it from the guy I purchased it from.
Could you tell me what it looks like?
Triple checked the port. It's the lower port on the board

J