Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 04-01-2012, 03:58 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

The Simu sticks are effect sticks only for moon effect, sunrise effect and storm effect, I am not sure what else could be added to them to be honest.

I am not aware anything changing in the feature set.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Edmonton newbie is on a distinguished road

you can sign me up for the long term review
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
The Simu sticks are effect sticks only for moon effect, sunrise effect and storm effect, I am not sure what else could be added to them to be honest.

I am not aware anything changing in the feature set.
I'd like to see a RGB version
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM

I think with the launch of the new GHL LED pendant they will be focussing more development time on that.

The simu-L stick you are talking about was never designed for life support just lunar cycles and funky storms. It was also the very first LED simulation dimmable product brought to market.

You already have red and blue in the mix with the Simu-L and also white, in a simulation product for a reef tank I am not sure where the green component would be useful, however if you can give me some direction on this I can always ask if they can look at adding green to the Simu-L.

Although LED has come on leaps and bounds we still see a great demand for these simulation sticks from GHL as not all LED products offer the simulation functions the Simu range can bring to a tank.

Of course the GHL LED Pendant just announced will have all these features built in as expected.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:03 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

RGB allows for all colors to be created, for example sun rise/set effects can be more orange/yellow instead of red/pink which is a little more pleasing. Just adding the green LEDs would allow for RGB codes so virtually any color effect could be created. Overall it would make a better addition to traditional LED lighting which only consists of blue and white and would extend the use of the SIM LED to suplemental and not just effect. Many people are adding RGB LED sticks to there lighting for better color/spectrum. Some use the RGB Panorama Pro or something similar but I'm yet to see anything that can be linked to a common controller. The RGB LEDs need not be powerful, lower power is better as they dim better. It's not about sustaining life, just better color, my 3W red and green LEDs only run at 5-10%, I think it clear lower LEDs would be better suited to the task.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 PM

I will pass on your comments for sure, for now of course their time is spent finalising the New LED pendant announced here and also some other large GHL developments coming soon
Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

The problem I have with the Simu sticks is that the LED's on them SUCK.

They are not very bright and you can barely see the lighting effects. I have 3 on a 6' tank and they are barely noticeable even when they are the only thing lighting the tank.

It was be nice if they changed out the LED's to something a little more recent and changed the housing they come in.