Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
mrhasan's Avatar
mrhasan mrhasan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,893
mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Ever grow D120. $180/each. I have two running over my 4'. Google them. Read results. I found zero reasons not to buy them.

Radions are a rich mans pleasure.
I agree. Apparently, the cheap LEDs seems to have much lesser complains than the more expensive ones, particularly radions.
__________________

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 PM
jorjef's Avatar
jorjef jorjef is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 983
jorjef is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
I agree. Apparently, the cheap LEDs seems to have much lesser complains than the more expensive ones, particularly radions.

I would take that with a grain of salt. A person would be less likely to complain about a problem with a low end light vs. one they just paid big bucks for. If an owner of a ebay special light pukes out I would think the "oh well it was cheap" mentality would come into play.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 AM
typezero's Avatar
typezero typezero is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 124
typezero is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
I would take that with a grain of salt. A person would be less likely to complain about a problem with a low end light vs. one they just paid big bucks for. If an owner of a ebay special light pukes out I would think the "oh well it was cheap" mentality would come into play.
With MJCs frag tanks, all lit with LED + T5, we find the tank with CREE brand LEDs + T5 get more intense coloration than our Bridgelux brand LEDs + T5s. The difference is subtle to dramatic depending on the coral, also the colouration of CREEs are nicer than their Bridgelux counterpart IMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aqua digital, pukani

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.