![]() |
|
||||||||
| Portal | PhotoPost Gallery | Register | Blogs | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Yeah, thanks for the link. I am waiting until I am sure that my parameters have stabilized until I add any coral. I will be down at the Coast later this week so I will take a peek at that rock if any is in the store.
__________________
CadLights 39G Signature Series Started April, 2008 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think I wasn't clear.
I am wondering if you think that the coral you already have, the one that came on your liverock, is a match to the porites that are symbiotic with christmas tree worms as pictured in the link i posted earlier in this thread. Again, I have the same coral on my LR from Cuba and I was certain it was porites, especially since I have seen no sweepers. I was wondering if after having a look at the picture you might fathom a guess at if the porites that JL sells with its christmas tree worm rocks might be one and the same with the "mystery" coral you and I both had pop up on our LR... Just looking for a second opinion, thank you. |
|
#3
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Quote:
__________________
CadLights 39G Signature Series Started April, 2008 |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
you don't have enough experience to look at one picture and compare it to what you have?
Come on now, how do you think you gain experience in Coral ID? By identifying corals I'd imagine..... In any case, based on my experiences and observations; I think it's porites. |
|
#5
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
I still check my driver's license to see what my name is, so no I am not going to hazard a guess on sketchy web photos.
__________________
CadLights 39G Signature Series Started April, 2008 |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
hahahahaha....
Awesome. That made my day. |
|
#7
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
lmfao
__________________
33g fowlr / 20g sump / 400 watt pendant / Euro-Reef RC80~~~~lavendar tang, lemon butterfly, snowflake eel, hawaiian spotted puffer, tomato clown, chomis.. My reef~http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...-/P4300459.jpg |
|
#8
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
I guarantee the coral in that picture is not porites. Also christmas tree worms don't only host with porites. When diving I have seen them in everything from straight rock to acropora as well as porites.
__________________
![]() Greg |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|