![]() |
|
||||||||
| Portal | PhotoPost Gallery | Register | Blogs | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
#1
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Hey Ivy-I agree on the room AC....if the room isn't hot...the tanks don't get hot.
We resorted to a small window AC in our kitchen with a couple of FOWLR (with a coral or two in them...
__________________
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Sarah |
|
#2
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Im useing a 6" fan over the sump and a 16" occilating fan blowing across the top of the tank.The temp still slowly goes up over the day,so after work I add a bottle or 2 of ice.Today it was only 81c when I got home.Oh ya and close to 5 gal a day make up water.
__________________
No matter how hard you try, you can't baptise cats. |
|
#3
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
But for those using AC, don't you turn it off when no one's home? AC doesn't seem like a 24/7 solution.
|
|
#4
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
I turn the AC off when it's cool enough to do so. If it's hot overnight, the AC stays on. If it cools off overnight, which I hope it does tonight, the AC goes off. When the weather isn't hot, the AC isn't on.
|
|
#5
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#6
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
When we bought Central air this year, we were told NOT to keep turning it on and off. thay said to pick a comfortable temp and stick to it.
Turning it on when you get home puts more strain on the system and can cause it to freeze up. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have been having a heck of a time with my tank. 175 gal and with the past weekend being above 30 degrees every I cannot keep my temp below 88 degrees. On saturday when it was +36 my temp was not even reading on the thermometer. I have been freezing milk jugs of water and nothing seems to help. Believe it or not i have not actually lost anything yet so thats a good thing. I might have to try fans on the water though, that seemed like a good idea.
|
|
#8
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
What about people with their tanks in their basments? How much cooler do your tanks stay? I can't wait until I get a new home with a basement just for that! Well, and a possible fish room.
__________________
THE BARQUARIUM: 55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's. Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041 |
|
#9
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
Even with fans, the lights off and the skimmer off my tank still got over 84 on Sat. Before next summer I'm moving my tank to the lowest level of our split level (unless Santa brings me that 225). A couple of my Candy Cane heads have bleached, otherwise all is still OK. Sure hope we've seen the last of that!!
Rob |
|
#10
|
|||||
|
|||||
|
My tank is in my basement and I live in Kelowna. My thermometer has been showing outdoor highs of around 37 or 38 degrees Celsius the last couple of days. With the tanks in the basement and central A/C the highest my tank temperature has gotten is 82 degrees Fahrenheit with lights running all day. I often close the A/C vents in the basement so that the upstairs gets the maximum cooling and allow the cool air from upstairs to settle into the basement and this seems to work well since the basement stays much cooler anyways.
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|