Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2015, 03:58 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Well the tank is settling in nicely. After the tank's absolute over-reaction to the epoxy, I'm starting to see colors coming back. Finally. Really though, the tank had a lot going against it. First, I did tank transfer. 9 days later I added a whack of SPS frags. A week or so later I epoxied everything and the system became extremely stressed because of this. At that point most of the frags in the system were 100% brown - like not a hint of color. So now that I'm beginning to see color again, I'm quite happy!

Also, FWIW, I took a video of the Blennies during feeding, bt it's not uploading properly. Once I figure that out I'll post it. The Anthias in the QT got their first dose of Cupramine today. Dang, I was hoping they could go in the tank soon! I did put the quarantined SPS frags into the display tank today (freaking out a bit) so I could medicate the Anthias.

This tabling piece I bought just before the tank transfer (late June). It was entirely cream/beige when I bought it. Now I'm seeing what may be purple tips - eee!

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 08-27-2015 at 01:35 PM.