Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 AM

Realshow is on a distinguished road
Default Aptasia..... Ro & Di Resin ???????

Will Aptasia die injecting hot vinegar into it anywhere or does it have to be in a specific place?
I have found several of the little fu....s on the rock my toadstool is stuck to & there are no peppermints around .
I am going away for a few weeks & nobody else will hardly even look at the tank so i would like to do what I can before Mon.

In regards to Ro does it make any difference if the membrane is mounted verticle or horizontal ?

where is the best place to get DI Resin. I am in kamloops but haven't been able to find it locally yet. Is there much of a difference between brands if so what is the one I should get?

& finally should this substrate go in the trash ? my phosphates are off the chart. I recently bought my first sw set up used it has been running for years.
However learning as i go i realize now the previuos owner was creating tons of phosphate from feeding habits & no water changes.
The tank looked fine at first to this freshwater guy.
However the sps are dull & not doing very well . I am planning on siphoning all of the substrate out tonight to try 7 reduce the phosphate.
I dont have a reactor yet. I'm just using some of the fluval bagged crap till I get set up correctly.

Here is a pic of the crush on the bottom of the tank. It looks like gravel in the pic? but it is not . I was given advise to get some argonite sand does it matter if it's live or dry? the rock is established already.

Ok Ok I will shut up & post this now I could ask questions for days & still be lost Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg substrate.jpg (79.3 KB, 51 views)