Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2011, 01:09 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by windcoast reefs View Post
Okay, I have never been to the Dubai plant, but I have been to the Abu dhabi plant. Now as ar as I remember, they do remineralize there water except for floride. I believe they follow the ISO 24000 series. Allot has changed in the past 20 years, and I am going to go with the Information I have learned throughout my schooling and experiences. Now back to the actual discussion in place. I agree with Steve, it think that bypass is to stop you from wasting money on DI cartridges.
ya we went to the dubai, the abu dhabi and another one out there.. the city water services are strait RO with chlorimene (sp) and from what I remember the bottled water plants make two or more types of water.. the largest ones being strain RO, then there are some remineralized brands, which they charge more for in the stores..

I just got back from the kids hockey and one of the guys there works at the kamloops plant here and there is no remineralization, only disinfectant to prevent bacterial growth.. mind you whats in the old pipes of some niebourhoods

I know my place in Victoria was between 6ppm and 12ppm depending on the season, but my buddy in glandford was 110ppm same water, I was just a lot closer to the sourse right off newer pipes, he was in an old area of town.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.