Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2011, 03:21 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Well Reef Pilot, what's done is done. I doubt your pet store will take back a marine fish but you could try selling one of them privately if you like. Before you introduce them into your display tank try removing the tang for a while to let the CBB establish territory and after a few weeks the tang will be the new kid on the block and may not be aggressive towards the other fish (maybe). I wouldn't get too upset about trying to keep CBB fish, unless a store only stocks captive bred fish then for every live fish you see in their tanks there is probably 10 dead ones that didn't make it through the process between capture and retail sales. None of us is any better and are all to blame for the many marine animal deaths whether by our own hands or not. So just give it your best effort and maybe you will suprise everyone with 2 healthy CBB's that live for many years. I to had an aggressive yellow tang years ago and the second I tried adding a new fish to the tank he would stab the poor new comer to death in minutes so I had to dismantle my whole reef to get the bugger out and gone for good.

Tags
butterflyfish, copperband