Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2008, 07:50 PM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

Here are some photos of the vertex IN-250 in action. I think the Vertex is the king of the low-end after having a few weeks experience with one. Hydor's king of midrange, Bubbleking king of high end and Tunze king of the small form-factor. My only gripe is the IN-250 is so damned tall and the cup's a bit of a pain to remove without spilling skimmate. You need like 32" to remove the cup n all. But the performance is pretty damned good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veng68 View Post
The only thing that is of concern is that the pump for the 250 gallon model uses 140 watts as compared to the Euroreef RS250 which is drawing 60 watts.

Anyone have a Vertex 250 and a watt meter?

Cheers,
Vic
I have a watt meter at home I might be able to test it out with but from experience every pump I've tested tests up to double the rated wattage once head pressure is applied. That's the reason I bought the kill-a-watt because I was pretty sure some things on my tank were sucking more power than what was on the labels. Plus you may be comparing it to an older euroreef with a Sedra pump. Euroreefs now use Gen-X pumps which is the same damned pump as a Resun (which the Vertex uses) except the Resun is hermetically sealed around the heatsink while most of the Gen-X models aren't (opened up a couple resuns to confirm the suspicion).

Last edited by kwirky; 11-06-2008 at 07:59 PM.

Tags
skimmer, vertex