Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > GHL Profilux Info & Support

Old 01-29-2009, 12:19 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Default Water damaged profiLux?

Hi all

I have had two requests recently for new PCB's for the ProfiLux due to accidental water damage. I have now some good news to help you.

Firstly please everyone make sure all electonics of this nature are well away from any water splash or flood risk.

However replacment PCB's are now available both front and rear.

$125.00CAD each

There is a $50 rebuild service offered also plus return postage.

A new controller minimum is $350.00 so this gives you a lifeline if your controller decides to take swimming lessons.

But please as said above make sure your controllers are away from such risks in the first place.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:28 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Hi there, I am one of the people whom had their units damaged. What can I say, it was a freak accident that probably happens once in a lifetime... I HOPE!

Mine withstood water splashes from the flood, however the plug ins at the back allow water into it very freely. Hopefully the manufacturer could make a protective water resistant boot to fit over the connectors. It is common knowledge that you should not get electronics wet. However electronics for aquarium use should have some sort of protection. My unit was under the tank stand, but the leak allowed water to run into cracks and crevasses I did not even know were there.

How do I go about getting these parts? I really appreciate your help with this. More then you know.

Last edited by my2rotties; 01-29-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:31 PM

Hi

Not one manufacturer water proof the controllers as it is up to the user to make sure the unit is well away from such risks. This goes with all electonic devises for fish tanks. I guess they see it as giving a green light for miss use, dunno just a thought

Email in regards to your other questions and I can assist, please not pm
Old 01-29-2009, 03:10 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Oh and do you think there will ever be a possibility that the manufacturer will make a special cover for the unit, just in case things do happen? It would be well worth the money they charge to design and manufacture the item. I wish I had mine wrapped in plastic or had it in a Rubbermaid container. If I do this in the future what can I do the ensure the Profilux does not get too warm?

In my disaster my unit did not take water directly, the water was splashing and then some of it would travel down the cords plugged into the back. I lost 75g out of a 325g system and through all the house damage I sustained, I was upset about the Profilux and nothing else... A fine mist of water drops was the show stopper since the unit was dry on the outside. Funny how water can travel to places we don't factor into the big picture.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:03 AM

I would love to say yes a GHL cover would be made, but the answer is no, it leaves the door wide open for common sense to open a window and take flight.

But i am quite sure with a bit of basic DIY something could be knocked up